Hi everybody I hope you are all well. So this is my first time doing a recipe blog but I thought I’d do so for this brownie as it turned out so well and so light and fluffy and delicious.
I have made a few alterations to the original recipe and that’s what I’m giving you below.
The recipe is taken from The Vegan diet Recipe Book by Tony Weston and Yvonne Bishop.It is all Vegan and endorsed by the Vegan Society.
250 g wholemeal flour
300 ml almond milk
50ml coconut oil
4 tablespoons coca powder
250 g caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50 g ready to eat prunes, stoned
50g dates, stoned
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon flaked almonds
1. Line baking tin with baking paper/parchment and oil lightly. Preheat oven to 180 oC, Gas mark 4
2. Place 2 heaped tablespoons of the flour in a saucepan and mix in 250 ml of the almond milk. Cook, stirring constantly on a medium heat until thick. Then set aside to completely cool.
3. Combine the last 50g almond milk, oil and cocoa powder in a bowl and stir until smooth.
4. Transfer the cooled flour mixture to a food processor or liquidizer, add the sugar, salt, vanilla, prunes and dates and blend until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture and blend again.
5. Mix the remaining flour with the baking powder and the almonds, then add the prune mixture and blend again. Pour the mixture in the prepared tin and bake for 25-35 minutes, until firm to the touch.
6. Cut into slices and eat hot or cold.