I have been playing around with a recipe I had for making pancakes recently. I have managed to change it completely into a delicious and healthy meal. I am trying so hard at the moment to watch what I eat. I have several important running events coming up and I know that I could safely lose at least another 30 pounds which would make a huge difference to my running pace. We all get the craving for pancakes from time to time and this really does hit the spot. I would think even your kids will love these. I know they would enjoy making them. This must be the simplest recipe I know of to make them too.
They come in at only 300 calories per serving and less than 1% fat!
This recipe makes plenty for one person. To make for more just multiply the ingredients. 🙂
50g wholemeal self raising flour
1ml oil (brush oil onto pan never just pour it on.)
tiny pinch of salt
4 small strawberries sliced thinly.
1 small wedge of fresh lemon (or half teaspoon of lemon juice)
1. Mix the flour, raisins salt into a bowl.
2. Add a little water at a time until you have something in-between a dough and a batter.
3. Heat the oil in the pan and scrape the mixture onto the pan.
4. Flatten the pancake down with a spatula or tofu turner.
5. Cook each side for just a few minutes.
6. Place on a plate and drizzle the lemon juice on top along with the strawberries on top.
and enjoy 🙂
I have tried cinnamon and raisins in mine. When you make the batter add a half teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture before cooking.
You could also try other dried fruits. Just be sure to keep the fat down if you are watching your weight.