OK so someone asked for the recipe to this one so here we go. This makes enough for a 12inch pizza 🙂
1 tablespoon olive oil and some for oiling
150 g wholemeal self raising flour
teaspoon dried marjoram
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
50 ml vegan yogurt (click here for my recipe for home made cultured yogurt)
Salt and pepper
1 can chick peas rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
pinch salt and pepper
125ml soya milk
50ml olive oil
3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon cyder vinegar
1 big tablespoon vegan bouilon
2 medium boiled potatoes
1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
Pizza base –
1. Preheat oven 180oC and oil your pizza try lightly with a brush.
2. Combine all the base ingredients together and knead for about 15 minutes.
3. Roll out to fit the pizza tray. We pushed any bits left hanging over into the mould of the pizza tray.
4. Place in pre heated oven for 5 minutes and remove and place on a rack to cool. While cooling, spread oil over the top of the pizza base with your brush. This stops the base getting soggy when you put veg and stuff on top because oil is hydrophobic (repels water).
6. NOTE at this point if you make a batch you can freeze the pizza bases and pull out when you need them in future.
7. Once cooled place pizza base back on the pizza tray ready to top.
8. Start mexican sauce
Mexican Sauce Topping
1. Mash up the chickpeas with the garlic, oil, chili powder, tomato puree and salt and pepper.
2. Add the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and mix well.
3. Spread this over the top of your pizza base
1. Heat soya milk but don’t let it boil.
2. Add potatoes and mash up together.
3. Combine all the other ingredients and mash up well.
4. Use a spoon to blob this mixture around the pizza top.
5. Throw some jalapenos on top at this point if you wish.
6. Place pizza back in oven for 18-22 mins.